The crystal-clear waters of the Andaman Sea and the powder-soft sands of Nai Thon Beach are in full view from every villa and residence at Malaiwana. Just a short walk or downhill drive away from the estate, this pristine one-kilometre-long beach on Phuket’s peaceful northwest coast is perfect for sunning, swimming, snorkelling, stand-up paddling and sandcastle building. A tranquil village atmosphere prevails in this unspoiled corner of the island and the beach road is lined with low-key shops and cafés. Along the coast, numerous hidden coves and beaches are waiting to be discovered.Just up the road, the Trisara Resort offers fabulous dining, and other chic nearby venues include Dream Beach Club at Layan Beach and the beachfront restaurants at Bang Tao, eight kilometres to the south. Malaiwana is an easy 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport.
- Nai Thon Beach
- 0.20 km
- Dream Beach Club
- 6 km
- Nai Yang Beach
- 7 km
- Laguna Phuket Golf Club
- 8 km
- Banyan Tree Spa
- 8 km
- Phuket Airport
- 9 km
- Boat Avenue Mall
- 10 km
- Royal Phuket Marina
- 24 km
- Patong Beach
- 27 km
- Central Festival Phuket
- 29 km
Things To do
Though it may be tempting to spend your entire holiday in cossetted comfort, Malaiwana also makes a great base for exploring Phuket’s quieter northern coastline and interior. With your villa manager’s help, bookings and transport to the island’s top leisure activities and sights can be easily arranged. Here’s a selection of some of the activities on offer beyond Malaiwana:
- Hop on a stand-up paddle board at Nai Thon Beach and explore the coves and beaches of Phuket’s rugged northern coastline. Make a stop at the tiny Banana Beach for a refreshing drink and snorkel session.
- Indulge in a Sunday brunch or romantic sunset dinner at Trisara resort.
- Enjoy a solitary stroll along Mai Khao Beach, the most northern and isolated beach on Phuket, or try a surf or kiteboarding session at Nai Yang Beach.
- Head east and discover Phuket’s lush interior on a jungle trek to the waterfalls at Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, and be sure to say hello to the inhabitants of the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project at the park entrance. At the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary, which is in the same area, visitors can observe elephants rescued from the tourist trade.
- The Andaman Sea beckons with spectacular scenery and rich marine life, best explored aboard a chartered luxury yacht or on a snorkel or scuba diving trip. Glide past the towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay, swim with the colourful fish off Raya island, soak up the sun on the brilliant white sands of Koh Hong, and more.
- Take some time to restore your body and mind during a day of pampering and luxury at the fabulous Banyan Tree Spa, or go for a simple yet invigorating Thai massage session right on the beach.
- Delve into Phuket’s rich culture and history with a walking tour of the Old Town, its streets lined with colourful Sino-Portuguese shophouses and some of the island’s best local eats.
- Discover the secrets of delicious Thai cuisine at a cookery class, which often includes a visit to a local market to shop for fresh ingredients.
- Play a round or two at one of the island’s scenic golf courses including Laguna Golf Club with lagoons and mountain views and the Nicklaus-designed Mission Hills with stunning ocean views.
- Add some dazzle and upbeat DJ music to your seaside sundowner at one of Phuket’s beach clubs. Try Dream Beach Club at Layan Beach or Catch Beach Club at Bang Tao.